Our volunteers are the backbone of HorsePower for Kids. They come in all shapes and sizes, with diverse backgrounds and experience. They assist with lessons, care for horses, and help with special events.
What we value most in our volunteers is dependability, the desire to learn, and the willingness to pitch in with others. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and be able to work with minimal supervision. Volunteers under the age of 16 may work ONLY with a parent present, after volunteer application has been approved.
Please be able to volunteer at least one day a week for a couple of hours.
Volunteering to do anything is a great community service. It means you want to help make a difference in the world! Volunteering is also a commitment. Even though you are not getting paid, HPFK needs your help, and you will be part of a team that relies on you to be there when you say you will be. Please, keep in mind that you are a representative of this organization. Volunteers must be reliable, take initiative, and maintain professional manner at all times. Thank you for telling us, in advance, when you may be absent! Volunteering also means that you will learn new things, make new friends, and have fun at the same time.
YOU are what makes HPFK a great place to be!
- Commitment *Respect *Loyalty *Professionalism *Safety *Positive Attitude
- Always wear HPFK T-Shirt/No short shorts
- Always wear closed-in shoes (No flip flops/sandals/open toed shoes)
- NO Drug/Alcohol *No Smoking *No foul language
- Must be 16 years old, unless volunteering with parent
- Must attach a release form (included on volunteer application)
- Must submit a copy of your State ID or Driver License along with application. (Because we serve children this is required for safety)